Sunday, September 16, 2007

Addie stays at Gammy & Gumby's for the weekend!

This weekend Cordell and I had the leadership retreat at our church for all of the elders, deacons, staff and their wives in Buena Vista, CO. It's hard to believe that this is our fourth one! It was a great weekend to just get to know everyone better and refocus and get excited about the mission and vision at our church - Inward, Outward, and Upward!


While we were away Adelynn stayed with Margaret, Roy, MiMi and Stephen Fitzwater. She had a blast and they said she was practically perfect! Adelynn calls Margaret and Roy "Gammy and Gumby." Roy's motto in life is be flexible, so he thought it would be fun to be called Gumby.
We got back from the retreat Saturday afternoon and stayed with the Fitzwater's through Sunday morning. They definitely spoil us at their house with incredible meals, awesome conversations and then to top it all off they got up with Adelynn this morning so we could sleep in. SO fun!

Tonight the fam came over - Justin, Cora, Grace and Amanda. We just had a fun night eating dinner and hanging out.



I am making the invites to Adelynn's 2nd Birthday party. This is the picture that I am using on them. I think I may have told her a little too early that her birthday is coming up because everyday, multiple times a day at random times she will blurt out with glee, "Addie's birthday coming up!" Then she will proceed to tell me about her birthday cake, her presents, whose coming, that she is one now, but turning two, and that it is on the 26th! So cute!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Can Ashley and I stay at Gammy and Gumby's? Sounds like a wonderful place! That is a super cute picture of Addie too!