We got back from Cabo on Saturday night and then on Sunday we were tentatively planning on going to our friends little boy's 2 year old birthday party. I was pretty exhausted on Sunday and was thinking about just skipping the party. My mom and sister were strangely really interested in going to the party, but at the time I didn't catch on at all.Well, it turns out the party was really a surprise party for my 30th birthday a month early! I was completely shocked! Cordell did an amazing job of pulling together the party, even while out of the country and keeping it all a secret from me.
It took me a while to adjust that this party was actually for me! Our good friends the Pagano's graciously opened up their home to host the secret party and Cordell had recruited a couple of other close friends and family to help out with all of the details. He called them the "Core" team, so if by some chance I saw any of the emails I would think they were for his school. Pretty sly!
The party was a special day and there were many extra touches that made me feel so celebrated...my mom had brought a bunch of pictures of me growing up that my sister put up all around the house, Margaret made a yummy carrot cake (my favorite!!), the McCabe's made a Ipod mix of all my early 90's hip hop and rap favorites, so many of my favorite friends were there to celebrate with me, everyone recorded little video messages for me, and so many people had worked together to pull off this HUGE surprise and they TOTALLY got me!!!
Hanging out in the Pagano's great backyard. Bess had decorated with the cutest little pinwheels hanging from the trees.
So, for years my whole family makes fun of me for a face that I make when I am mad or upset. They have captured this face in several photos, which helps add to the teasing. Adelynn had just seen the picture and we asked her to imitate mommy's face. Kind-of scary when you see your expression's on your child's face!
Shelby with her daughter Hannah. Shelby brought fun stuff like squirt guns for the kids to play with.
Me and my sis!Laura supposedly was in town for a business trip, I couldn't believe that I didn't catch on to any of this!! Laura helped out a lot with all of the party prep. It was so special to me that both my mom and my sister were here to celebrate with me.
Margaret holding Avery who Adelynn adores!Thanks again to everyone who helped throw me a very fun surprise party! Cordell, you did an incredible job. Thanks for helping me start my 30s in such a "shocking" way!



1 comment:
Addie does a very good "mad Becky" face! But she is a bit cuter!!
Post a Comment