Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ten Amazing Years - June 21, 2008

I can't believe that tomorrow is October 1st, where did the summer go?!! We had a wonderful summer, but it felt crazy!! There were so many things that I wanted to blog about, but I just wasn't able to keep up with it all. So, I am going to attempt to recap some important highlights from this summer over the next couple of posts.

Our 10 year anniversary

In June, Cordell and I celebrated our ten year anniversary. My Mom was wonderful to come out and spend a week with Adelynn so that we could head to Cabo San Lucas for a romantic trip...just the two of us.

We had a blast! Cordell had pre-arranged for some pretty special surprises for me that just made our trip extra, extra special! There are definitely some benefits to him traveling a lot for work that we get to benefit from on vacation, we used points for our airfare and our hotel room. Because of his status with Hilton, our room was upgraded to a HUGE suite for free! The room was amazing and had beautiful views of the ocean off the two balconies. The whole week I kept telling Cordell, "I feel like I am on a fantasy date on The Bachelor, but we're married and this is right. It's not a sin to go back to our fantasy suite for the night!"
Cordell had called the hotel and told them that we would be celebrating our ten year anniversary while we were there, so when we arrived our room had a fruit and cheese plate, a card from the hotel welcoming us and the bedroom was decorated with rose petals and balloons. Pretty fun to arrive to.
Most of our time was spent reading by the pool, enjoying the services of the pool concierge, relaxing, eating fun dinners and reminiscing about our last ten years together and where the Lord has brought us.
One night Cordell had made arrangements for us to have a private romantic dinner just the two of us right on the beach. We ate at sunset and it was a beautiful night! So special...
We had such a wonderful trip just being together and relaxing! I am amazed at the wonderful husband that the Lord has blessed me with. He loves the Lord and has grown into such a Godly man and father. I am truly blessed!
Marriage is such a journey - there are really hard raw times and such amazing times of a strong deep intimacy. God knew exactly what I needed in a mate and I am so thankful that I am on this road with Cordell - I wouldn't want it to be with anyone else. It's wild to think about what the future holds...and how much closer we will be!

Thanks Cordell for 10 wonderful years! I can't wait for more! Happy Anniversary!

1 comment:

Christina said...

That was a beautiful post - it made me tear up! I am so glad you guys had such a wonderful time on your trip. You are both very good to each other!