Friday, September 4, 2009

Conversations in the Car - Almost four, going on sixteen!

Wednesday the girls and I went to sushi for a little date (Cordell had been out of town all week on business). On the way, in the car Addie said, "Mom, I am getting older now, so I think I need to get my ears pierced." I asked her why she wanted to get her ears pierced and she said because she would like to get more jewelry. I couldn't believe I was having this conversation with a little girl who is not even four yet!

A couple of weeks ago, we were driving in the car and Addie said,"Mom, what car am I going to learn to drive in?" After I asked a couple more questions, it became evident that she thought she was ready to learn to drive. She didn't understand why she would have to wait until she was a teenager to drive, she thought she was ready now. What a little squirt, she thinks she is pretty grown-up :)

In talking with my mom, the stories seem a little too familiar to what I was like when I was three. Uh-oh!

1 comment:

Christina said...

"Uh oh" is right! You guys are in for it!