Sunday, March 9, 2008

Adjustments...



Last weekend the weather was wild in Littleton. On Saturday it was over 70 degrees and then on Sunday we got about 5 inches of snow! Definitely a little hard to adjust from wearing flip flops then to full snow gear and boots on Sunday. So on Saturday we took advantage of the beautiful weather and had a picnic at the park. On Sunday afternoon, after the snow had tapered off we went sledding in our backyard. Addie loved it and had a huge smile on her face every time she came down the hill. As we were walking back inside Addie said, "This was really fun!"

I'm sure you all have noticed that I have not blogged since Christmas. We found out on Christmas Eve that we were expecting another baby - we were so excited! I have been extremely sick and really just trying to function for Adelynn and once she was asleep I would just sit on the couch and try not to throw up. On Tuesday Feb 26th, Cordell and I were at the doctor for a routine ultrasound and were shocked to see that the baby no longer had a heartbeat. This last week has been a hard one for us. We know that the Lord is sovereign and in control, but that doesn't take away the sadness we have been feeling over this loss. One of the craziest parts of this whole thing is how overwhelmed I have been by his goodness during this time. The Lord has just been extra sweet to us and so close. We have been so touched by people's support to us and really feel that people have been grieving right alongside of us.

Thanks for loving us and walking through this tough process.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Very cute pictures - I love Addie's hat!