Sunday, November 2, 2008

Addiehopper!

Adelynn spontaneously decided to make a bug face for the picture!


Mommy thought it would be fun for Adelynn to dress up as a bride, since we could easily convert her flowergirl dress, but somewhere Adelynn had gotten the idea that she wanted to be a grasshopper. Long story, but I couldn't find a grasshopper costume that wasn't completely boyish. I even attempted to make a costume and then decided the pattern just didn't have potential. So, one day at the thift store I found this pink bug costume, which turns out to be Uniqua from Backyardigans - we have never seen it, so I had no clue. We added the wings.

When I got home I showed Addie what I had found - a pink grasshopper costume. Addie was so excited though and said, "Thank you mommy - I love my pink grasshopper costume."
Addiehopper, as her daddy calls her.
It was such a warm night compared to normal Colorado Halloweens!

An attempt at a group picture...Lawson the fireman, Aspen the mouse, Andrew the bear, Adelynn the grasshopper and Avery the ladybug.

A group of our friends came over for pizza and trick or treating then we all headed to Foothills for the carnival. Afterwards everyone headed back to our house and we laid all seven kids down and played games. We couldn't believe all the kiddos fell asleep! Fun times with all the adults!
Addie was so excited to "Trick or Treat." She definitely got the concept more this year and when we asked her what the best part of Halloween was she said, "Trick or Treating to get candy!"
Addie and Andrew at our neighbor's.
Gracie the giraffe and Addie making sand necklaces at the church carnival.


Aunt Amanda and Addie.


The Harvest Carnival, who knew fun for adults too?!! Amanda and her friend Steve on the Bungee Inflatable at church.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh my goodness - that costume is perfect! Addie looks so adorable! And I love that she is called the "Addiehopper." You guys are always so fun, having people over and being social. Awesome!